Forensic investigations are often required in litigation, claims, trials and hearings in criminal and civil law. In these cases, the systematic search, analysis and substantive evaluation of information is required.
Using methods, techniques and systems with practical experience, I am particularly happy to support courts, public prosecutors, insurance companies and banks in all phases of these investigations, from finding important (data) traces, to detailed analysis and evaluation of facts in comparison with market and industry standard conditions.
By combining accounting knowledge with investigative skills, I can help you, especially when it comes to assessing potential claims for damages arising from financial loss and breach of trust.
- Preparation of expert opinions on forensic results that can be used in court
- Search, analysis and substantive evaluation of evidence
- Development of a forensics concept for computer-assisted data analysis when processing large amounts of data
- Assessment of possible damage to assets and confidence
- Regular review of prevention measures for adequacy
- Support in the implementation of possible prevention measures
- Establishment of regular management reporting on the basis of defined key figures (economic crime indicators)
White-collar crime includes offences that are usually committed against companies (rarely also against private individuals) with the aim of generating financial profits.
These include offences such as:
- Money laundering
- False accounting
- Industrial espionage
- And many more
The area of responsibility for me as an expert lies not only in the expert examination of the incident, but also on the prevention side to combat possible crime risks - while the investigation of the crime is the responsibility of the police authorities and the assessment of the degree of the crime and the associated sentence is carried out by lawyers and judges.
In order not to have any gaps, such as missing measures to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, it is necessary to have legitimacy and sanction checks that comply with the law. I am at your side with advice and support in the implementation of appropriate procedures.
More information on white-collar crime is also available for reading at the Office of Economic Crimes.